Saturday, October 15, 2011

A bit of IKEA

I recently went to visit the new IKEA in Melbourne. Slightly larger then the Richmond one it was great to walk through, but due to it's popularity many of the items I was actually after had sold out.
Even so I managed to grab this $5 rug with the plan to put it just inside our new stacking doors but instead decided it made a great table runner, for a dining table that has seen better days. Lets just say with two young kids that much desired provincial dining table I would like to purchase is a little while away. So dressing the current one is the next best thing.

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

5 comments:

  1. That is so clever, a rug on the table :) I saw those rugs myself when I was there last weekend and thought of getting a couple to put inside our stacking doors too. Maybe I should get one for my dining table instead. Because mine looks exactly the way you are describing yours. We will definitely not buy a new table for a very looong time.
    Have a nice weekend!
    Anette :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who'd have thought a rug would look so at home on a table? Great idea. Boy oh boy I wish we had ikea in tasmania :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Idea Georgy, it looks very french runnerish. I am a bit jealous of your Ikea trip. I wish we had one a bit closer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to Ikea is Sydney yesterday ..LOVE.. Pop over to my blog and see what I bought..xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is how I spent my Saturday and I almost picked up that rug! Ikea just came to Denver so I had to go pay homage LOL

    popping over from Blogtoberfest

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails