Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Kids bedrooms

Now the build is well underway I have got even more focused on interior design ideas. Interestingly enough the rooms I am looking forward to doing the most are the kids bedrooms, I think because here you can potentially have the most fun.

Images from - http://www.livingetc.com

I do like these neutral styles above but with my kids love for colour they don't really suit.

I also love this beautifully classic style bedroom below but it would be more appropriate in a house a lot older then ours, plus my little girls favourite colour is red.

This room would suit my five year old daughter more but with red instead of pink. I would also think of painting the wall behind the bed red. I do love bunting as a form of decoration.


Image from - homes-designing.net
And some good IKEA style and colour for my little boy. I think he would prefer a Lightening McQueen or Buzz Lightyear theme though if he had his way.

Thinking about the kids rooms I visited Adairs Kids the other day and was very tempted by the bed linen form the Morgan collection pictured below. Funnily enough they say it is for boys but my daughter would love the red. So maybe red for her and blue for my son.

Images from - www.adairs.com.au
We already have these star lights in the bedroom the kids share and I know my daughter will be taking them with her to her new room, so I am thinking of getting car shape ones for my little boys third birthday.

I can't wait to decorate these rooms but a few months away still, so I will keep collecting ideas.

5 comments:

  1. You have some great inspiration for the kids rooms. I love the red and blue quilt cover sets from Adairs. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Georgy,

    Thanks for commenting on my blog today- so lovely to come over and 'meet' you. I love your blog and am going to enjoy seeing what you do in the children's bedrooms! Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do...loving the teepee in the first image!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring and colorful Collection of kids beds and all other things..I can't wait to decorate the room of my nephew but a few months away still, so I will keep collecting ideas from your site..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspiring and colorful Collection of kids beds
    and all other things..I can't wait to decorate the room of my nephew but a few months away still, so I will keep collecting ideas from your site..
    It is a nest for daydreaming, spinning tales of wonder, study, play with dolls, sleep and even do a little makeup and spend time gazing at the mirror for all those imagined-up pimples!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails