Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pool next to the deck!

I finally got to use a pool next to our new deck, well paddling pool at least!

Today it was finally hot in Melbourne, the first really hot day since we have had our wrap around deck put in, so we finally got to use the deck in the way I imagined.


These photos were taken around 12ish when the Maple in the middle of our garden was giving good shade. A little later in the day the extension gives the shade to this area, so perfect place to set up a pool.

Our deck was finished in May this year when Winter had already set in, so all these months later we are now finally getting the chance to use it in so many different ways.


Tomorrow I plan to plant my new Olive tree you can see on top of the wine barrel here. I will share more photos in my Friday food and flower post.



6 comments:

  1. Are'nt those shell pools great? We have one here and it's an old faithful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a feature just like that is a great addition. And I’m sure your kids were most delighted because of this! :D However, a pool, regardless of its size, can weaken a wooden deck like that of yours. I’m not saying you remove those. They’re so cute in there! I think you should just ensure that the wood was properly treated to be resistant to water. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing you got to use it today too, Georgy!
    How have you been since Blogtoberfest?
    I just wanted to let you know that I’m hosting another (albeit gentler and more introspective) blog challenge over the month of December called #reverb12.

    Would be so rapt if you joined us!

    There’s a little giveaway too. :-)

    Details here: http://isawyoudancing.blogspot.com.au/p/reverb12.html

    Take care
    
Kat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kid looks like he’s having fun. : ) I can remember myself back in the day when I used to “swim” in my mom’s paddling pool. Good times. Just remember to wipe away most of the water from your deck since moisture can damage wood tremendously.

    - Christian Renwick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, nothing says spam as the one above me, so rude and insensitive. Anyway, this is still a good post Georgy. How’s your olive tree, by the way? Have you planted it already? I bet your deck area will look more beautiful with it! Keep blogging. :D

    - Kylee Groves -

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails