Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Has Halloween fever hit your area? - Blogtoberfest Day 9

 

It seems that Halloween has become very popular in our area of Melbourne. It was only a few years ago that it was hardly thought of but this year we have already received a couple of party invites. Plus as soon as it hit October 1 people started decorating in preparation. I must say I am a little excited about it.

The one thing though I am not so sure of is a notice I got in the letterbox the other day saying I have to put my kids names on a list if they want to go 'Trick or Treating'. On top of which they have to go between 6pm and 7pm and only in certain streets. This does seem a little over the top to me, especially as we won't even be home from work until 6.30 but my kids would love to go. If we start at 7pm does that mean people won't open their doors? I personally am happy to have people come later, especially older children who I imagine would like to go when it is dark.

Last year I actually had some people rock up at our door at 8pm and when I opened it the first thing the mother did was apologise saying "I know, I know, we are not on the list.' I didn't know what she was talking about and was quite happy just to have 'Trick or Treaters,' but now I know why she was concerned as apparently some of the neighbours like the strict organisation, and she was told off! Mmm I suppose I better not miss the curfew then as much as I would like too!

Is Halloween big in your area and if so is it this organised?


2 comments:

  1. That sounds overly organised! It has started a bit in my area in Hobart. One year we had trick or treaters and wouldn't you know, I didn't have a thing to give them! Last year a got some lollies just in case but no-one came knocking. It's a good excuse for me to then eat chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My three and a half year old ADORES Halloween but none of the kids in our street seem to celebrate it. So we are going to have a little family party for her (sans trick-or-treating, sadly).
    The list is an interesting idea.
    So glad you're joining us for Blogtoberfest12.
    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails