Monday, January 3, 2011

Summer Holiday

Happy New Year everyone. Hard to believe it is already day three of 2011!

We have just returned from our Christmas / Summer holiday and so I have been offline for a while. As I mentioned in an earlier post we organised a house swap with friends in Adelaide, so we could have Christmas with family and catch up with all our old friends.

Just before Christmas my daughter wished for a white one, hoping it would snow and even though we had cold wet weather on the lead up the only white we will probably ever get is flowers, blossom and sandy beaches.

I think her wish was very quickly forgotten though when we got to the house we were staying in for our Christmas break. We were lucky enough to swap with wonderful friends who have a beautiful house and a pool and we swam everyday, the weather was fantastic. Living in Melbourne I miss those amazing blue Adelaide skies. So advantages of having Christmas in Summer.The week leading up to our trip was busy with birthday parties, fairy gardens and painting. And as the week goes on I will share some photos.

So now a New Year and today we have been moving furniture in preparation for the next few months. This year will be an exciting one with the next stage of our renovation and completion of our extension. Plus it is the year my daughter starts school and lots more.

Hope whatever this year holds for you it is a good one.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea - house swap! I love that :) I am not a winter person, I wish it could be summer all year long! That pool picture made me want to speed up time a bit...but then that would mean the 1st 6 months of 2011 would already be gone. It will be before we know it. I was just telling my husband the other night, of all the places in the world I've been to, Australia is not one of them and it's on my list!! Best, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails