Thursday, January 20, 2011

Summer colour a great distraction from the build

Already mid way through January, so by now was hoping to have a build date for stage two of our renovation, our rear extension - but alas we don't. I was told yesterday by our Building Manager that he hasn't confirmed a carpenter yet, the first trade we need on the job. Others are lined up but can't do anything until the carpenter has started. I am assured though it will be sometime soon, whatever that means!

Good thing is every time I go to the fridge I get a glimpse of the calendar my kids gave me for Christmas and it instantly cheers me up. The picture for January is of a Provincial market in France, love the colour and the gorgeous terracotta houses that surround the market square.

A wander in the garden in its full Summer bloom also helps. These beautiful Saliva's greet me as I come in the front gate......

and this gorgeous fuchsia hangs over the iron railing on the front porch.......

a wander around the back garden and I smell and admire the Lavender.....

and love the tall Agapantha flowers against the green backdrop of the Canadian Maple and Jasmine.

4 comments:

  1. Don't you just love the building process.. You've got the right idea about what to focus on though..a lovely escape..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely images Georgy. The reno process is arduous at times. Glad you're keeping in the moment and stopping to smell the roses (so to speak), even if it's avoidance, I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't envy your reno process...but it will be worth it in the end..love your summer garden...it looks divine. Have a lovely weekend Kym X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have just found you via A dream House for Trish....About to have a look around......Congratulations on your award.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails