Sunday, June 13, 2010

A Red wall?

If you are about to head on a renovation journey I would highly recomend buying the July edition of Home Beautiful. They have a special issue inside of real-life renovation including plans budgets, advice & lessons learned.

One part I really liked is that they list in detail components of various rooms in the houses featured such as paint colours, appliances, flooring, fixtures and the list goes on. My favourite was one called French affair. I particularly like the red feature wall around their living room fireplace, while the rest of the room is painted white. This is something I have been thinking of doing for a long while but wasn't sure as couldn't find the right red. The red featured is apparently Taubmans Easy Coat in Streetwise.

So what do you think, would it suit? I think my hubbie might need some convincing. Also let me know if you know of another great red paint.

2 comments:

  1. Hey G.....what shade of red were you thinking? I do like the idea of a red feature wall...have you also thought about textured wallpaper? Beckx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am tossing up between a Fire Engine red or more subdued like the candles and letters on the mantle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails