Friday, February 3, 2012

First day of School memories

First day back at school for my daughter today. She is starting year 1. So to remember the day we took a photo of her next to this blackboard with the intention of now doing it every year.

When she started Prep we naturally took lots of photos at home and in front of the school but was wondering what we could do this year and for the many more to come. I saw a great article with ideas, one of which suggested holding up a small blackboard to record the year and take the same picture each year and watch them grow. So this is my plan, plus to each year take one on the deck and in front of our Maple tree as we did last year.

This blackboard is coming in handy for many occasions and so has a permanent place near our kitchen.

2 comments:

  1. That is soooo cute! Love the idea!

    Have an amazing weekend.

    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you've got me thinking! I have one to and I wounder if I should use it to for all sorts of occasions. Since we now are in a new house I need a new spot to take the "off to school/kinder year photo. I have until Monday morning.
    Have a good weekend! Mine will be filled with labeling, marking, having and going to kids birthday parties.
    Anette :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails