Thursday, June 16, 2011

What is it with builders and timelines?

Have you actually ever had a builder meet a timeline? If so would love to know about it. We are just over a week out from the end of our contract with our builder and I can tell you there is no way they are going to be finished.But before I go into that, thanks for all the well wishes, am on the mend but have been told to rest up for another few days. I am going a little stir crazy and not having the tradies here that I think should be, is even more noticeable.

I am not surprised mind you, as even though we have a 'Project Manager' (we are onto our third for this job), we have never seen a project plan, been able to e-mail them lists or really got to get them to put much in writing (since having the contract in place that is). When we speak to them on the phone they avoid telling us anything more then a few days in advance. Extremely frustrating! And I am learning quickly that delays seem to be due to the project management, as some of our very reliable tradies are questioning why things are taking so long too.

Now a little about myself, I like to be in control and organised. I work in the communications / public relations field where project plans are a must and deadlines need to be met. When running an event, things are organised to the minute. So the way Project Managers in the building industry work is beyond me.

Maybe I am being a little harsh as don't understand all the ins and outs but in my opinion they could be a little better organised and better at communicating to keep their paying clients happy.

It is like when you are expecting a delivery or someone is coming to fix something at your house and they say we will be there between 10am and 3pm. Can you imagine if we all worked this way!



Enough of being on my high horse but I am extremely frustrated at the moment and just want to know when my tiler is coming so we can then have our bath put in. We have bought a Kado freestanding bath, like the one pictured above. I am so looking forward to sitting in it with lots of bubble bath and maybe some champagne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment, I love reading them...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails